Backpack Concept

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Backpack Concept

Post by Velibor on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:07 pm

A Backpack needs to be organized, and easily be accessible at any times since you need to stay alive.

Ideas
- Add a Search bar that allows you to quickly search for a item

- A filter system that allows you to filter on the kind of item (For example only show Dye or only show Food)

- A backpack can get full.

I don't really wanna to implant a weight system. Simple cause it is frustrating for the user, but a limit can be a good idea. Or perhaps a multiple bag system that has multiple slots. Let's work that out for a second.

We have 5 Bag slots, and 3 Bags that currently have 5 Items that can be stored each bag.
So we can totally hold 3 x 5 = 15 Items

Well we have 15 items in our bag, and we wanna to add a new one. The system will return that there isn't any room left. A UI element will popup, telling to the user that his bags are full and that he needs to drop something to make room for the item that he wishes to add.

But what about the bag size ? Well I was thinking to allow the User to create new Bags. Those bags can have 5 - 20 slots each. That way you can hold a total of 100 Items in your inventory !

- Drag it out of the Inventory to Drop
Drag the Item out of the Inventory 'Bag' to drop the item

- Stack Items that are similar.
For example I got 2 Apples. Instead that it takes 2 slots in my inventory, I wanna to have it automatically stacks them together.

- Hovering on a item for more then 2 seconds should show the User more information about the Item.
For example what kind of Item is it ? Can I eat it perhaps ?

Looks
Ah, this is my department Smile Stay tuned for some demo's and concept art about that.

Have any ideas about how this should work, post it below and I will give you feedback instantly Smile

- Juriaan
Lead Designer

Velibor

Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Backpack Concept

Post by jobro13 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:10 am

I would like to redirect you to this topic:

http://survivalproject.forumotion.com/t29-backpack-realism

I like the filter ideas. Maybe we could add category colors or something like that. However, that's only useful with extremely big bags... And I don't know if it's realistic to hold up 100 (big) items...
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Velibor on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Then we should make a System like Diablo.

About the Redirect, this is meant to create the final concept.

Velibor

Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum