Survival Sundays - week 1 recap, update proposal for next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survival Sundays - week 1 recap, update proposal for next

Post by jobro13 on Sun May 31, 2015 4:33 pm

After this survival sunday, I sat down and played the game to experience it. I must admit that some things are currently strange, but I also cannot deny that some things are pretty fun.

THOUGHTS

For instance, a guy fell into the cave hole on Mainland. He was lost, so I resqued him by creating a custom torch (which also reminds me I gotta fix that, but its a pretty deep bug. I know the cause, but it's hard to fix). Those are the things which make such games fun.

Also, the building as I realed today is nice. I might want to add something so you can "combine" two wood to a bigger one for building use, as you often cannot make the buildings because the wood is too small. If I hax around this, people will abuse it to create more wood (read: fuel).

My experience was really good. I did not experience any lag and it worked smooth. However, MemoryAddress could not spawn. I still don't know how that is possible, as he didn't error. Xulp reported lag. The main script usage on studio is 2%, heavy duty 5% for client: that is pretty low...

IMPROVEMENTS

Bread is tiresome to make. I thought I enabled a way to burn stalks but that didn't work. Also, the flours are too small to create a reasonable amount of bread. I upgraded this - the new version spawns about 3.5 more flour for every ear.

Cannot think of more ATM.

TODO (PROPOSAL FOR NEXT SUNDAY)

-Fix bugs, as always
-Add fishing. Copy old Stranded fishes. I need a nice "minigame" for fishing, I'll open a Concept topic.
-Add voxel mine
-Add building damage and also attacking UI.

Let me know if I should shift focus to something else.

Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Survival Sundays - week 1 recap, update proposal for next

Post by jobro13 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:25 pm

So just a head up on my "personal" planning.

I have a big test coming up friday (again) and I want to focus on that starting today. I might work a little bit.

-Wednesday
Add a cancel method to buildling, tool, allowing you to cancel the last placed brick within 15 seconds. Handy if something welds wrong.
-Thursday
Add "extension" to building parts. If you select another building part which is equal except the size, that volume will be added to the resize volume.
I might add a checker which figures out how many volume is left.
-Friday
Day of my test. Evening: work on making the currently crappy action code, which figures out what you do, better. It will consist of an even more general scheme, but which will be less glitchy and hopefully faster.
-Saturday
None. I'm not around. Might work saturday night on fishing.
-Sunday
Finish fishing.
7-8 PM survival sunday. With fishing?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodRozen on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Nice! When is swimming going to come? If you're worried about sea transportation(boats) I could make them for you.

Also, I had the same problem as Memory Address Yesterday(Not sure, Start Button wasn't working). It was probably because of my ping(3000-4000), but now it's back to normal(I know, weird..). I fixed this problem by resetting. Also, I also experienced a spawning error(spawned in the ocean, naked) and the game system told me to wait 10 seconds and about/more than 10 seconds everything went back to normal and spawn was fixed and I was no longer naked.

BloodRozen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:54 am

Yeah the spawning issue is really strange. Basically, the server will setup your data, but for some reason the tools container is being deleted and the client keeps waiting for that container.

I might add swimming soon Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum