Building placement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Building placement

Post by jobro13 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 am

Yes. Building placement. Over time we have just inherited the lineair placement from 404/303/202/101, everything. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong tough is this "studs" roblox uses. I think you all agree we have to use something else to make the game look more realistic, ranging from materials and textures and other things - we can't use studs.

Which brings us to the fact we don't have to use a grid to place buildings. In fact, we can rotate them whatever we want and place them literally everywhere.

Main point: The buildings should not be placed aligned to a grid. However, this should be a possibility to do.

A player should be able to freely move their buildings around. I'm sure we can create some kind of "align" function to align buildings.

Also, note that this makes it possible to CFrame Buildings!

Okay so, main overview:
-No studs
-No grid-like placement (should have an option to do that)
-Freely rotate buildings and place them. Total freedom.
-Opens a way to use CFramed buildings.

Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Building placement

Post by Xulp on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 am

I really disagree with this. I've played games that have miserably failed because things don't lock to studs. I don't think you should be able to place buildings upside down either. By CFrame, do you mean rotation or placement? If placement, it'd just make people awkwardly placing buildings half into mountains to make ladders. I'm really against all of this.

Male Posts : 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 am

I think I had to write down some more info on this.

First of all, the rotation is only on the y axis. That is, you can't put buildings upside down.

Second, there will be a collision detection that makes it impossible to make buildings half in mountains.

The CFrame means that we don't move along the roblox grid (moving by 1 stud the time), but by a flexible grid.

Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattycat17 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:58 am

I agree on the no studs just material, but disagree on the moving on a grid less than 1 stud
Fattycat17

Male Posts : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum