Survival Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobro's Vacation

5 posters

Go down

Jobro's Vacation Empty Jobro's Vacation

Post by Xulp Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:07 am

Well, Jobro's vacation should only stop the production of some of the coding, but there is still much more to be done. Also, Jobro has put me in charge for the time period where he's gone, so if you ever need help with anything, just ask me. So, what do I expect to be done by the time of Jobro's return?

• The whole world should be completed.
  • Resources should be set apart.
  • The building system (With values in parts and such) shall be completed.
  • We should have somebody step up and take the coding moderator role. (Someone volunteer at least, I shouldn't give it out without Jobro's permission.

So start working Stranded team, we have lots to do until August 8th!
Xulp
Xulp

Male Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Jobro's Vacation Empty Re: Jobro's Vacation

Post by Fattycat17 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Xulp when you have some free time invite me to a party or follow me in game

Jobro and have discussed a few things off of the forums, that you might be interested in or should consider before building stuff.
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Male Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by coolieman2 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 am

I was kinda thinking we could make the world consist of "atoms" and use a script to decres the amount ofnbricks required. I think with that we could script just the sharpness formations, buildings will be built from "atoms" as well. From a certain pattern an item will do somethng to thenitem coming in. For example if you want to make a lumbermill you have to cut down some logs, tiebthem with rope. Make the building. The make let's say a bronze saw head and attach that to a windmill using rope. The was would move back and forward with the windmill. It would be cutting logs into planks instead of having to think about the exact amount of resources required for the building and crafting them in a crafting GUI. It might be hard but it's probably worth it.
coolieman2
coolieman2

Male Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattycat17 Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm

@Coolieman

I absolute hate that idea or I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Back to top Go down

Post by MemoryAddress Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am

coolieman2 wrote:I was kinda thinking we could make the world consist of "atoms" and use a script to decres the amount ofnbricks required. I think with that we could script just the sharpness formations, buildings will be built from "atoms" as well. From a certain pattern an item will do somethng to thenitem coming in. For example if you want to make a lumbermill you have to cut down some logs, tiebthem with rope. Make the building. The make let's say a bronze saw head and attach that to a windmill using rope. The was would move back and forward with the windmill. It would be cutting logs into planks instead of having to think about the exact amount of resources required for the building and crafting them in a crafting GUI. It might be hard but it's probably worth it.

You're explaining this poorly but I believe you're saying that buildings should be made out of parts, not placed by a single tool.

• This idea would require MORE bricks most likely.
  • If you've ever tried area-detection you'd know that on a large scale for something like this it is not a good idea.
  • Also, atoms is not a good way to describe building parts.  I was about to rant about how this is a survival game, not a molecular physics simulator.
MemoryAddress
MemoryAddress

Male Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by coolieman2 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:21 am

I was just thinking that instead of using large bricks i was thinking to make it voxel-based so it would be that for example you get an entire wall for only 2 logs. With this idea you actually have to work for the wall. For example you have a log. You need an axe to cut it in to the correct length, then you use rope to weld them together to finally make a strong wood wall. Or you "Weave" them in corners. I know this is not a molecular physics simulator but at least you could make voxels. For example you choose a rock with quality 10. You get to make any tool head with it. It would take a different amount of hits depending on many factors. Size, shape and the head you want to make it into. So instead of making it quality 10 you would need to actually see the shape and size. It would be unrealistic that you would instantly know the quality also it would be same for all heads. You would actually need to have experience on how to make the tools if you want to make them good. You get to control every single thing of your body. You would have to chop the wood down with an axe. Not by hand. You can't chop down a tree with a hand in real life. There would be branches falling off the trees which you could use as handles or use a simple stone axe for cutting the trees down. Yeah it's just some suggestions. I always get bad ideas.
coolieman2
coolieman2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattycat17 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:59 am

Impractically considering roblox doesn't support over 100,000 parts
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Back to top Go down

Post by coolieman2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 am

Just kill that idea. Forget about the idea.
coolieman2
coolieman2

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:18 am

Well well, seems this plan didn't work out, ye? Get to work guys.
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattycat17 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:38 am

I might be working on the new voxel mining system (With caves)
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum