Survival Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Alpha release info

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Alpha release info Empty Pre-Alpha release info

Post by jobro13 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 am

Hiya. I've been working much longer on a pre-alpha than I had imagined. However, I see this as an investment for the future. I have to spend some more on non-game scripts at the start (the SE-base, the whole class system / api / etc), but this will make it possible - with all tools I have developed - to update the game on a speed you can never imagine. If I don't have to make any change to the API, we could for example implement a new recipe in under 5 minutes (well, we will need the buildings for that then, but the actual code to implement it will be written extremely fast!)

An overview of the TECHNICAL pre-alpha:
-Flexible classes system. Supports Methods, Properties and Events. Events is also just a kind of "property-class" which works like Roblox' events. (:connect() )
-System variable. Works like roblox' game object. Used for variable access via different environments (scripts)
-Extremely hackish on-the-fly environment update. Yes, I'm serious. Once a new update is out, it can be implemented in ALL online games via an update system and in most cases people don't even have to reset to load the latest version in their environment (so, if a new craft is out people could craft that immediately in most cases!)
-An API. Works like roblox.
-In-game console.
-Security: literally everything can be blocked for a certain group: server can only change that property? Good. Possible.
-"boot" security: I have designed a loading system which seems pretty watertight to me. I don't think it's possible to steal it, but well, you never know.

An overview of the GAME ELEMENTS pre-alpha:
-A small ammount of crafts
-A dynamic flower world
-Ocean
-Animations
-Character creation (clothes / skin colors etc)
-One island (the one you've all seen)
-Gathering
-Eating/drinking
-Day/night
EDIT: Custom CoreGuis of course! No more stupid leaderboards and tool backpacks.
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Pre-Alpha release info Empty Re: Pre-Alpha release info

Post by Fattycat17 Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 am

Sweet, sounding good!
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Male Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by coolieman2 Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 am

Auto update system. You could have tables with certain things that are added to the game. That way the game automatically imports the new script and compiles the extra recipes.
coolieman2
coolieman2

Male Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, it works more as an on-the-fly reference editor. Once a new "method" is added for example, the actual class is being edited (and the reason why this is quite hacky is because you normally cannot access the classes themselves - only the object - but the updater can) and THEN scripts are being edited and restarted - like that these references will automatically be loaded because the class inheritance will handle it.
As you can imagine we cannot "restart" all scripts when you are "alive". That means you will get a message you will auto-reset, but that you will respawn with all stuff on the same place.

This game will also get a game mechanic test. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, you will see. I think everyone will like it.
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down