Survival Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control Concept

3 posters

Go down

Control Concept Empty Control Concept

Post by jobro13 Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am

Here I am again with another concept I thought of today. I got some ideas from Davidii's "Dominion".

The main idea is this: EVERY resource can be held in either your left or right hand. The left mouse button is the "left action" while the right mouse butotn is the "right action".

Q/E keys: Up resource for left (Q) or right (E) hand (note: tools are "special resources" and can be held too - of course!) Another note: Custom backpack usage. We don't use the roblox tools.

Z/X keys -- Down resource for left (Z) or right (X) hand.

We could maybe do something with the scrolling of the mouse?

Note that we can detect "dragging" (camera changing) and "clicking" (quick hit) to prevent strange controls.

The 1,2,3... keys can be used to set the action. For example, let's take this backpack:

-Apple
-Stone Axe
-Brick

Right click on the Apple resource: Use in left hand (or hit Q or something to do that?). Puts the resource in left hand.
Current action: Throw. Default action.

Left mouse button is clicked. Action: Throw. Throws apple.

Select: Stone Axe. Right hand.
Action: 2. (Or, detect what action probably is wanted. If a target is "choppable wood" then it would automatically go to "chop" instead of throw??)
2 is defined in Stone Axe as the "Chop" action. Chops a tree.

Action:1
Throw.
TOMAHAWK.

Select: Brick, left hand.
Throw.
Mass: High. Will basically drop the stone.

EDIT:

It's merely a coincidence. I just played the alpha version of ZackZak's "Uninhabitated" game. It didn't blow me away at all, but that's just my opinion. The roblox community will absolutely say otherwise. (One hit KOs!? "Fire Starter" !? Scripting is well done tough... but it misses something. Style is nice.)

Okay, the thing is. They use like the control I just put up - the "left - right hand idea" and the "right/left mouse button idea". It doesn't feature drag detection.

It works very well actually.

jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Control Concept Empty Re: Control Concept

Post by Xulp Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 am

Not sure about my view on this.
Xulp
Xulp

Male Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 am

I was just thinking about more uses on this.

Imagine that you craft a shield and a weapon. You put the shield on the left hand and the weapon in the right hand.

You can then block attacks via your left mouse and attack via your right mouse!
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattycat17 Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 am

Yea I agree on the Left and Right hand thing, but I disagree on controls for backpack.  Otherwise I was going to ask about this soon.
Fattycat17
Fattycat17

Male Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum