Survival Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

3 posters

Go down

Weather Empty Weather

Post by SkilledSniper1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Stranded is just too nice to players right now. The only things that could kill you is starvation, thirst, drowning, and hostile players. It's time to add another one, and it is the most basic one of all. Weather. Weather could cause hypothermia, causing death in hours or even minutes. Depending on the location of where Stranded is taking place, there will be some patterns of cloud formations other time that would lead to changes in Weather, Temperature, Air Pressure, Dew Point, and Relative Humidity (Not really, due to the fact that this is surrounded by an ocean). One pattern of weather is the formation of Cirrus clouds, which means a change of weather in 24-48 hours. I have more info, it's just too much to put. Anyways, this addition to the game might add more realism and even have people become weather men/women.

SkilledSniper1

Back to top Go down

Weather Empty Re: Weather

Post by jobro13 Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Ah yes you gave me a small introduction on twitter already.

This is a nice idea. I like the idea of adding more "status effects" which could cause other types of deaths.

The only problem is the clouds. I created that in the old game and it lagged a lot. I need to find a better solution for that.

This will be included in the near future!
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post by SkilledSniper1 Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Maybe instead of literal blocks, we could just change the Skybox until ROBLOX gets a way to make models into meshes. Or, maybe we could put high clouds in the skybox and low/medium clouds as literal blocks... Idk, just trying to suggest a way to make it more realistic.

SkilledSniper1

Back to top Go down

Post by coolieman2 Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah, but you would need a ton of different skybox for all the different kind of textures. It's the same as instead of the computer processing information and showing it on screen with GPU calculations and rendering, it would use one of the millions of saved texture formations in it's memory, I mean it would be nearly impossible to keep track of every single pixel combination possible on a screen.
coolieman2
coolieman2

Male Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by jobro13 Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:35 am

I have a really good idea which is inspired by Fattycat17 which will fix all above issues. I will wait until he has got his module for it ready and then put up some tests.

To refresh your minds: the old game had clouds, but I removed them as it lagged the server a lot. That said, my code was extremely inefficient by then and I have better methods of doing such things now ^_^
jobro13
jobro13

Male Posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum